Looking for a summer internship? Check out this position with the Paulist Fathers located right near our Lincoln Center campus! Check out below for more info.
We at the Paulist Fathers are proud to offer you the opportunity to join our team as an intern for the summer or fall semester! The internship offers valuable exposure to the nonprofit sector as well as the fundraising and mission advancement environments. It is a great opportunity to gain experience in social media and marketing, build your resume and expand your professional network.
All applicants currently enrolled in good standing at accredited four-year colleges/universities are welcomed!
If you are interested in a career in marketing, communications, church media and/or the mission advancement fields we strongly encourage you to apply. You must be energetic, a team player, results-oriented and dedicated to the achievement of team goals.
Your role as an intern will be to support the staff in various aspects of communication, outreach and fundraising.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Must be at least 18 years old and have completed at least one academic year of study at the college level
- Social media fluent
- Data entry experience and knowledge of email and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and with a team
- NYC resident (because housing is not provided with this internship)
- Knowledge and prior use of Twitter is a plus
- Self-starter who enjoys learning and takes initiative to solve problems
- Familiar with online project management tools like Trello (can be minimal)
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith is helpful, but not required
Support the manager and office with social media and marketing outreach strategies. Tasks will vary, but include:
- Help develop editorial calendar for social media channels (we have fourteen!) and contribute creative and trending topic ideas
- Manage email database of donors and subscribers
- Light administrative and data entry duties
- Small stipend and/or academic credit